Obligations under the New Bullying Legislation – Fair Work Australia
This course is designed as an introduction to the law of discrimination and harassment and enables organisations to address this compulsory aspect of compliance with work health and safety requirements.
At the end of the course participants will have:
- A practical understanding of the law of discrimination and harassment addressing requirements for the National Code of Practice for the management of workplace bullying /Work Safe Australia and the Fair Work Commission requirements.
- Reviewing the definition of bullying.
- An understanding of their rights and responsibilities as an employee or as an employer.
- How to prepare for potential applications.
- When to investigate.
- Through case studies, a clear understanding of the types of conduct that have been held in the past to be discriminatory or harassing.
- An understanding of the importance of following employer procedures and policies to prevent discrimination.
- An awareness of the new grounds of discrimination gender/identity/sexuality/ family responsibilities.
- What to do if you are accused of harassing behaviour.
The course will include case studies and small group work. Preferred group size is 15 to 20 participants.
Duration and Cost:
$800 plus GST and travel