Where Do i stand? Hot Topics
All employees and managers
At the end of the course participants will have learned about:
- Lateness/Absenteeism of Employees. What can an employer do?
- Dress codes: Potential for Discrimination
- Racial discrimination: Offensive Remarks
- Suspected Theft: Can the employee be dismissed?
- Can an employee refuse to work overtime
- What are reasonable hours? Is overtime reasonable?
- Ownership of employee intellectual property
- An employee falls pregnant – Unfair treatment can cost you $40,000.00
- Inappropriate Behaviour by Employees at Work functions: Liability for employers
- Family Responsibilities: How flexible does an employer have to be?
- When should an employer investigate after hours employee conduct?
- Medical Certificates: Can an employer refuse sick leave certificates?
- Constructive Dismissal Unfair Dismissal What does it all mean?
- The Privacy Act and the rights of the employee of a small business
- Do employees have a right to privacy?
The course will include case studies and small group work. Preferred group size is 15 to 20 participants.
Duration and Cost:
$800 plus GST and travel